Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"Get Up, Stand Up..."


Ah... my legs are burning as if I have been using a Stairmaster 8000 for a number of hours now... I have broken quite a sweat here, burned quite a few calories, probably shed a couple of pounds. "What is it that you are doing?" you may ask. Well, my answer is simply this: I have been watching the President's Address to Congress. Although I was only sitting on my couch at first as President Obama spoke to the nation about the issues that are effecting us so drastically at this time, I couldn't help but notice that Congress feels the need to stand up EVERY single time he makes a decent statement. Just watching them stand up repeatedly made me ambitious to workout so I decided to stand up everytime they did from then on... and boy was that a hell of a workout!!! Now I'm in shape AND patriotic!!! Just call me Captain America. From what I hear, Congress does the annoying standing up thing for every president but I guess I never noticed, either because I've never watched or paid much attention to that sort of thing until now or because Bush never really had anything good to say to make them stand up... anyway the president made some strong points that happened to be more of the optimistic foretelling that won him the presidency. I'm really just hoping and praying that we start to see some results soon... real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment