Friday, August 14, 2009

Mike Vick: The Newest Eagle


Last night Michael Vick shocked sports fans around the nation, announcing the he has signed a 2 year contract with the Philadelphia Eagles. Now, I won't try to act like there is no bias here because I'm an Eagles fan. So far there have been mixed reactions to the news. Some people said that they are no longer Eagles fans because of the deal.. These people arent true fans of the team and can root for the damn Cowboys for all I care. Others, like myself have been excited for the news because Vick was a great talent and probably still has a lot of potential. Although its a gamble, I am really interested in seeing how things turn out for him and the club.. now as far as the people who say that he shouldn't get a 2nd chance after he's done his jail time, lost millions of dollars, and has become the butt of all dog jokes, I say this... I hate the fact that we live in a country where people are quicker to forgive someone who has killed another human than we are someone who killed dogs. Also, being in a nation that praises hunting as a sport in many areas, you would think that some people would see the contradiction in their opinions and in the law.. but enough about that.. I wish Mr. Vick and the Eagles luck this season. Fly Eagles Fly and all that good stuff..

No comments:

Post a Comment