Thursday, August 20, 2009

This or That Thursday: Mariah vs. Whitney


Ok I know I said I'd do this thing every Thursday but I think every other Thursday might be more managable... anyway here's the match-up for today:

For all those who were born in the 80s, when the question pops up of who the greatest singer of our generation is there really is only two names that come up in conversation. Of course there are a couple younger singers who may creep their way into the talk but let's face it.. no one is touching Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston in their prime. Sure, they both had their time spent in "crazyland"... and both probably still visit there every now and then, but I'm talking about the Mariah and Whitney from the 80s and 90s. You know, the "I Will Always Love You" Whitney and the Mariah that sang "Hero." So what do you think? Who would you say is the better of the two???

This one is tough for me because I liked both growing up. Although I did like Whitney better as a kid, she sort of fell off earlier than Mariah did. At the same time, Mariah hasn't really come out with anything legit in a while because the bubble gum corny music she's had hasn't been cutting it for me. I thing I'll go with Whitney on this one. I have been a fan of hers for so long and still do got love for her crazy behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment